Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Kale...

Hey,

LOVE the idea for the Bloody Marianne and Mojito Pops! We just dug out a big ugly juniper bush and planted tons of different kinds of mint to make a mojito garden!

Great recipe for the pops! We call ours "smoothie" pops b/c whenever I have leftover smoothies, I pour them into my molds and freeze them. I hadn't thought about removing them from the mold though. That's great idea.

Tonight I'm making my favorite kale - lacianto - with garlic. What's so great about this is that it will be the first time I've made it from kale I've grown myself. I absolutely can't wait.

Recipe? I usually just wing it -- chop up a head of garlic and sautee in olive oil. add a bunch of lacianto kale (some people blanch prior, but I don't) that I have chopped up and saute until wilted. While it's cooking, make your pasta. Add a ladle full of pasta water to the kale/garlic sautee and heat about 5 minutes. I could eat this twice a week and never be bored by it.

We are in this horrific weather pattern of cold, rainy days. It's driving me a bit batty. I'm ready for searing heat! But, I have to say our gardens have never looked so green!

Have a great "Food Page" day! Miss you guys so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment