Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Recipe for Longevity and Grilled Pineapple

Hi Annie,
Forgive the ego-centric nature of this post but Andre and I recently met a number of people from our teenage years who commented (positively) on our aging appearances. I thank my parents and AC's folks for some good genes but mostly I credit diet and exercise. It's the first thing my doctor prescribes at our annual check ups and everyone knows that eating healthy and working out improves health.
So why don't people follow this simple regimen? Why do people reach for pills and surgery and magic elixirs when the simple act of eating well and exercise truly is within everyone's reach?
David Murdock came up with his list of the 33 healthiest foods on earth and guess what...all of them are staples in both our kitchens.
I made grilled pineapple the other night with dinner. Adler couldn't get enough of it even though he has a slight reaction to pineapple (makes his mouth tingle):

Grilled Pineapple

  • 1 pineapple
  • olive oil
  1. Peel pineapple but don't core (it's really not necessary)
  2. Brush with a little olive oil
  3. Grill over high heat till nicely brown
  4. Enjoy!
The grilling really brings out those sugars and makes a nice caramelization on the fruit. I found the core was tender enough to enjoy as well.

Happy grilling.
Love,
MA

PS....I used the (unedited) photo above for this post because even though the night before we took this picture we were up way late and drank one (or two) too many adult beverages I still don't think we look like the middle-aged moms that we are. Am I crazy? Delusional?

No comments:

Post a Comment