Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pavlova!

Ok, so I haven't made this YET, but I'm going to make it for Doug's 44th on Friday night. I'm just so excited about it that I had to share the pic. I'll take a pic of mine and we'll see how it turns out!
Glad the 4th was good and yummy! That Kitchen Aid attachment looks VERY cool! We have a Cuisinart ice cream maker that does a great job. We made vanilla bean ice cream and served it with nectarine and raspberry crumble. Deelish! One word of advice if you get the ice cream canister - wrap or double-wrap in a plastic bag when you store it in your freezer. We learned this the hard way after taking ours out one year after it sat next to a stack of green chile for 6 months!
We have replaced our family popular culture obsession of American Idol with Master Chefs. So, tonight I bought a rotisserie chicken at Whole Foods and the rest we're just eating whatever we find out of the fridge, just so we can watch Master Chefs. I know, I know....
Ok, gotta go get Doug from the bus station!
Love,
A

1 comment:

  1. I saw this in a recent Gourmet. Yes, PLEASE take pictures of yours. And the process of composing it.

    ReplyDelete