Thursday, July 16, 2009

Basil Water

Hi Annie,
Can't remember if I told you about the seltzer maker I got for Andre's birthday. Assuming I didn't...my friend Michaela and CB turned me onto it: Sodastream

Little bit of an investment but not outrageous. So great that I don't have to lug all the seltzer bottles from the grocery store and in our ongoing effort to eat more from our backyard and the farm, not having to run out to the store to get seltzer keeps me honest.

The company gives you some flavored samples with your first purchase but as you can imagine...fake, sweet, junky flavors. The basil is in beautiful bloom right now so I threw some in my bottle and turned regular tap into effervescent basil water in a second. I let it steep just an hour and poured with dinner. The aroma gets you at first. And then the subtle taste.

You and DJ will love it!

But, please, don't try and fool the girls into thinking this fizzy water is dessert. It is delicious, no doubt, but homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream? Now, THAT is dessert.

Love, love, love,
MA

No comments:

Post a Comment