Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Recipe for soft skin

Annie,
I was dumping the coffee grinds in our compost bucket and I thought, "wait a minute....in the spirit of re-use, what else could I do with this?" I've been seeing a lot of "sugar scrubs" around and rather than spend $8.00 for a bottle at Whole Foods I whipped up my own version. It's delightful and my skin feels much like it did after that $120 salt scrub I paid for at a swanky resort this spring.

MA's Coffee-Sugar-Grapefruit Scrub (aka compost scrub)
  • 2 big spoonfuls of used coffee grounds
  • 1.5 cups of sugar
  • generous squeeze of grapefruit (leftovers from kids' breakfast)
  • dollop of coconut oil
  • splash of olive oil
  • few drops of tangerine essential oil (if available)
  • couple drops of vanilla
Put all ingredients in a jar, mix together. Now go shower and scrub.

Feeling soft and smelling like a fancy cup of espresso,
Marianne

No comments:

Post a Comment